- Show Remaining Articles ( 36 ) Collapse Articles
BBj ODBC Driver
BASIS ODBC Driver (pre-BBj)
- Show Remaining Articles ( 31 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 68 ) Collapse Articles
BBj Enterprise Manager
BASIC Web Utility
- Show Remaining Articles ( 40 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 226 ) Collapse Articles
PRO/5 Data Server
- Show Remaining Articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
TAOS: The Developers Workbench
- Show Remaining Articles ( 101 ) Collapse Articles
00736: FLEXlm Nag Mode and Background Processes
FLEXlm Nag Mode and Background Processes
PRO/5 requires that a “tty” device be available to receive nag messages.
In situations where PRO/5 may be run from a shell and placed in the background with standard input and/or standard output redirected, PRO/5 will attempt to send nag messages to standard error.
Standard error must be one of the following:
1. a tty device,
2. the process controlling the tty if one exists,
3. lastly it will attempt to open /dev/console in write mode
If all of these devices fail, PRO/5 will exit and return a value of -70.
1. Obtain a valid license.
2. Redirect standard error to a terminal device.
3. Widen write permissions for the /dev/console device. However, doing this could have significant security implications.
Last Modified: 12/31/2001 Product: License Manager Operating System: UNIX
BASIS structures five components of their technology into the BBx Generations.