- Show Remaining Articles ( 36 ) Collapse Articles
BBj ODBC Driver
BASIS ODBC Driver (pre-BBj)
- Show Remaining Articles ( 31 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 68 ) Collapse Articles
BBj Enterprise Manager
BASIC Web Utility
- Show Remaining Articles ( 40 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 226 ) Collapse Articles
PRO/5 Data Server
- Show Remaining Articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
TAOS: The Developers Workbench
- Show Remaining Articles ( 101 ) Collapse Articles
00584: Error 17 when trying to load a program
Error 17 when trying to load a program
An error 17 under DOS/Windows is due to dsksyn problems more than 95% of the time.
To diagnose, first attempt to LOAD the program specifying the full unique file name, i.e.,
Be sure to include the drive and full path. If this works, then BBx is searching an invalid drive when it attempts to load the program without a full drive and pathname. Therefore, the solution would be to dsksyn all drives (from A: to Z:) except the one you’re working on.
If the LOAD fails with another error 17, then either the drive is dsksyn’d or the program is corrupt. To see which, attempt to OPEN the file via the full pathname.
If the OPEN works and the LOAD failed, then that means the program’s header is corrupt.
If the OPEN fails, then the drive that the file is on is dsksyn’d.
Last Modified: 02/23/2004 Product: PRO/5 Operating System: MS Dos Windows Error Number: 17
BASIS structures five components of their technology into the BBx Generations.