- Show Remaining Articles ( 36 ) Collapse Articles
BBj ODBC Driver
BASIS ODBC Driver (pre-BBj)
- Show Remaining Articles ( 31 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 68 ) Collapse Articles
BBj Enterprise Manager
BASIC Web Utility
- Show Remaining Articles ( 41 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 226 ) Collapse Articles
PRO/5 Data Server
- Show Remaining Articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
TAOS: The Developers Workbench
- Show Remaining Articles ( 101 ) Collapse Articles
01053: PRO5 Rev 5 : error while loading shared libraries
PRO5 Rev 5 : error while loading shared libraries
Attempting to run PRO/5 Rev 5.x receive the following error:
/path/pro5: error while loading shared libraries: libb3crypt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
In earlier PRO/5 releases prior to revision 5, running the PRO/5 install script and selecting STANDARD or SQL would copy the corresponding pro5b (STANDARD) or pro5u (SQL) executable to a pro5 executable.
Only with PRO/5 Revision 5.x the PRO/5 install creates a PRO/5 script file which calls the appropriate pro5b or pro5u executable based off the STANDARD or SQL selection. The reason for this change was to allow us to set the correct path information to the additional libraries installed for the new encryption capabilities.
– This error can occur if the PRO/5 script file has been overwritten by a PRO/5 executable or the shared libraries cannot be found.
– This can also occur if an older install script is on the system.
As an example, PRO/5 revision 5 was installed and then a earlier version of Basis License Manager was installed. The install script for the earlier versions of PRO/5 or Basis License Manager will copy the pro5b or pro5u to pro5.
See kb01052 for further information regarding the exact error message.
Reinstal PRO5 Rev 5 to get the correct install script. Run ./install and select PRO5 and choose the SELECT option. This will create the correct pro5 script based off the STANDARD or SQL selection.
Alternately you can set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to the library location or copy the library files to the Operating System’s shared library which will allow you to run pro5 as an executable.
The shared library path environment variables for the
Unix systems are as follows:
Most others: LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Last Modified: 11/29/2006 Product: PRO/5 Operating System: UNIX
BASIS structures five components of their technology into the BBx Generations.