- Show Remaining Articles ( 36 ) Collapse Articles
BBj ODBC Driver
BASIS ODBC Driver (pre-BBj)
- Show Remaining Articles ( 31 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 68 ) Collapse Articles
BBj Enterprise Manager
BASIC Web Utility
- Show Remaining Articles ( 40 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 226 ) Collapse Articles
PRO/5 Data Server
- Show Remaining Articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
TAOS: The Developers Workbench
- Show Remaining Articles ( 101 ) Collapse Articles
00534: Problem printing a large file to the Unix print spooler
Problem printing a large file to the Unix print spooler
When printing a large file to the spooler, PRO5 may hang or the print job might be truncated.
To solve the problem, the first step is to see what may be causing the behavior. To accomplish this, the alias line was changed from
alias P0 “>lp -denglj 2>/dev/null” ….
alias P0 “>lp -denglj 2>/tmp/lp.log” ….
When using the new alias line, any errors will be redirected to a log file instead of being thrown away. After recreating the problem, the lp.log file showed an entry that said:
error: lp: stdin: copy file is too large.
The problem was fixed by adjusting a switch in the /etc/printcap (mx) file that tells rprint how big a file can be. The default was 1mb, so when print jobs exceeding 1mb were sent to the spooler, BBx would hang. Adding mx0 to each printer takes away the ceiling.
Last Modified: 02/13/1998 Product: PRO/5 Operating System: Unix
BASIS structures five components of their technology into the BBx Generations.