- Show Remaining Articles ( 36 ) Collapse Articles
BBj ODBC Driver
BASIS ODBC Driver (pre-BBj)
- Show Remaining Articles ( 31 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 68 ) Collapse Articles
BBj Enterprise Manager
BASIC Web Utility
- Show Remaining Articles ( 40 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 226 ) Collapse Articles
PRO/5 Data Server
- Show Remaining Articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
TAOS: The Developers Workbench
- Show Remaining Articles ( 101 ) Collapse Articles
00822: ORA-12154 error trying to SQLOPEN an Oracle Datasource from Visual PRO/5
ORA-12154 error trying to SQLOPEN an Oracle Datasource from Visual PRO/5
The data source can be seen by PRINT SQLLIST(0), but SQLOPEN() returns an error=12, tcb(10)=13.
To obtain the SQLERR after the SQLOPEN fails:
The complete error message is:
Connection to Oracle failed [Oracle] [ODBC] [Ora] ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name)
This is error occured on a Windows 95 workstation connecting to an Oracle version 8 data source.
This is a known problem connecting to an Oracle database and the solution was in the Oracle Knowledgebase. As of 6 August 2001, Oracle has changed their web site and no longer allows easy access to their Knowledge Base.
Last Modified: 08/06/2001 Product: Visual PRO/5 Operating System: Windows Error Number: 12
BASIS structures five components of their technology into the BBx Generations.