- Show Remaining Articles ( 36 ) Collapse Articles
BBj ODBC Driver
BASIS ODBC Driver (pre-BBj)
- Show Remaining Articles ( 31 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 68 ) Collapse Articles
BBj Enterprise Manager
BASIC Web Utility
- Show Remaining Articles ( 41 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 226 ) Collapse Articles
PRO/5 Data Server
- Show Remaining Articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
TAOS: The Developers Workbench
- Show Remaining Articles ( 101 ) Collapse Articles
00824: Hostname has changed on a UNIX system running the Basis License Manager
Hostname has changed on a UNIX system running the Basis License Manager
Follow these instructions if your hostname has changed on a UNIX system running the BLM (Basis License Manager).
NOTE: Users do not need to be logged out for these steps unless otherwise noted.
1) Verify that the new hostname in the /etc/ hosts file along with the correct IP address. The /etc/ directory is located at root. This will allow the BASIS products to do hostname resolution. To verify the hostname, at the Unix prompt type:
and press ENTER.
2) Make sure you can ping the new hostname successfully. To do this, at the Unix prompt type: ping hostname
and press ENTER.
3) STOP the BLM from the BLM main menu. This is accomplished by cd’ing to the basis install directory and running the ./install script and choosing BLM.
4) Now cd to the /blmgr/ directory and using a text editor such as vi, access the pro5*.lic file(s). On the ‘SERVER’ line, edit the hostname or where it says ‘this_host’ and change it to the new hostname. Do this for each each .lic file in the /blmgr/ directory.
5) Now go back the BLM main menu and START the BLM.
NOTE: For step 6 you will need to log out all PRO/5 users, AND kill all background PRO/5 processes.
6) Change directories to the basis install directory, run the ./install script, choose PRO/5.
7) Now from the PRO/5 main menu choose the SERVER option. Type in the new hostname as prompted. Next you will see a message and prompt display like this:
The BLM machine name has already been set for this executable.
Do you wish to change the existing BLM machine name? (Y/N)
Type Y and press ENTER.
The BLM and PRO/5 are now ready to communicate using the new hostname and you should successfully be able to check out a license from the BLM.
Last Modified: 11/07/2002 Product: License Manager Operating System: UNIX
BASIS structures five components of their technology into the BBx Generations.