- Show Remaining Articles ( 36 ) Collapse Articles
BBj ODBC Driver
BASIS ODBC Driver (pre-BBj)
- Show Remaining Articles ( 31 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 68 ) Collapse Articles
BBj Enterprise Manager
BASIC Web Utility
- Show Remaining Articles ( 40 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 226 ) Collapse Articles
PRO/5 Data Server
- Show Remaining Articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
TAOS: The Developers Workbench
- Show Remaining Articles ( 101 ) Collapse Articles
01134: How do I deploy triggers?
How do I deploy triggers?
Q: How do I deploy triggers?
A: After implementing and testing Triggers in BASIS IDE, many developers want to know how they can deploy their triggers with their application. Because triggers are defined on a per-file basis, in most cases the trigger program, trigger definition file, and data file that the trigger is defined for all reside in the same physical directory. In this scenario, deploying the application complete with triggers is relatively easy. To deploy in this manner, do the following:
1) Instead of just installing the data file to the target directory, modify the installation routine to also copy the trigger definition file and the trigger program file into the target data directory. Using the BASIS Chile Company Demo’s “CATEGORY” data file as an example, the installation routine would be modified to copy the “CATEGORY.trigger” definition file and the “CATEGORY.trigger.ar.src” AfterRead Trigger file in addition to the “CATEGORY” data file.
2) After these files have been installed, the trigger will be active and execute whenever the data file is accessed assuming the trigger definition file defines the triggers as being active.
3) Even though these triggers are active, they cannot be managed via the BBj Enterprise Manager without first mounting the target data directory. To enable trigger management, do the following for each data directory that contains triggers:
Log in to the BBj Enterprise Manager.
Right click on the Triggers folder and select �Mount Directory of Files.
Navigate to the appropriate data directory ([bbj_install_directory]/demos/chiledd/data for this example) and click the [Select] button.
Last Modified: 01/19/2007 Product: BBj Operating System: All platforms
BASIS structures five components of their technology into the BBx Generations.