- Show Remaining Articles ( 36 ) Collapse Articles
BBj ODBC Driver
BASIS ODBC Driver (pre-BBj)
- Show Remaining Articles ( 31 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 68 ) Collapse Articles
BBj Enterprise Manager
BASIC Web Utility
- Show Remaining Articles ( 40 ) Collapse Articles
- Show Remaining Articles ( 226 ) Collapse Articles
PRO/5 Data Server
- Show Remaining Articles ( 25 ) Collapse Articles
TAOS: The Developers Workbench
- Show Remaining Articles ( 101 ) Collapse Articles
00805: How the BLM determines whether to check out a second license.
How the BLM determines whether to check out a second license.
We know that every time a pro5/vpro5 session is invoked, the basis.lic is scanned and a license is then dispensed by the the BLM to the client.
Now once the same workstation opens a second, third, and more sessions, then 3 areas are looked at by the BLM to determine whether or not a another license will be checked out or not, for that client.
The 3 areas are:
IP address, and
display, i.e. tty.
If any one of these change, then another license would be checked out for that client.
For example, if you had a ‘system’ user running vpro5, there would be one license checked out. On the same workstation, if ‘joeuser’ invoked a vpro5 session, then this would require a second license. Even though the display and IP address are the same, the user changed from system to joeuser.
Last Modified: 02/28/2005 Product: License Manager Operating System: All platforms
BASIS structures five components of their technology into the BBx Generations.